You can expect branding to look a whole lot different in 2020 than it did in 2010. This decade has seen rapid changes in the world of branding, as the entire business world has shifted its focus to the digital realm.
That being said, while the methods used to achieve branding success may be different, the general principles remain the same as in the past. You want your customers to form a strong connection with your company so you can attract and maintain their loyalty.
Here’s a quick overview of some options to watch for if you’re looking for branding ideas in Los Angeles, CA for 2020:
- Chatbots: Chatbots and other immersive technologies have started to pop up in the last several years, but you can expect them to be an even bigger part of companies’ branding practices in 2020 and beyond. With AI technologies becoming more sophisticated, Chatbots can be used to engage and assist customers in ways that were not previously possible, without being a detriment to the customer experience at all.
- Online communities: Forums and chatrooms date back to the earliest days of the internet, and are the basis on which today’s social media platforms were founded. Businesses are starting to find ways to create their own online communities with their roots in the web’s early forums. Online branded communities give customers a platform on which they’re able to talk about topics related to the brand, and give others advice and tips. These forums and groups will typically be based on the company’s website.
- Social consciousness: Today’s consumers are becoming more socially conscious than ever before, and they expect the same out of the brands they like to support. It is important for companies to have at least one cause that they care about and support (environmental sustainability is a big one all brands should focus on), and to demonstrate that they care and are intentional about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Companies should care about these things because they are important issues, not just because it curries favor with their customers. Otherwise it will come across as being very hollow to today’s more savvy consumers.
- Mobile focus: Today, the majority of internet browsing happens on mobile devices, and mobile interaction has skyrocketed over the course of the last decade. This means mobile issues must be at the forefront of companies’ minds. When designing websites, make sure the experience on mobile is easy and positive.
- Influencers: Influencer marketing isn’t exactly a new idea, but it’s not going away, either. With people achieving large followings on platforms like Instagram and Twitter, companies that are able to leverage those followings can find their way to brand-new audiences that they might not have touched, in what can feel like a more genuine way. Just keep in mind that there are regulations associated with influencer marketing—there must be a clear partnership and indication that the content is an ad.
For more information about 2020 branding trends in Los Angeles, CA, contact Imperial Paper Co. today.