Products of all types require high-quality packaging to provide protection and increase their aesthetic appeal in retail settings. At Imperial Paper, we provide a wide variety of packaging types to meet our customers’ needs. Our wide selection includes a variety of corrugated cartons, folding cartons, custom point of purchase displays, dividers and partitions, fabricated foam, retail and mailing bags, and shipping supplies.
What Is Custom Packaging?
Custom packaging is a type of packaging that’s specially designed for your particular company as well as the products you offer and ship. This packaging perfectly meets the needs of the company it’s designed for and provides sufficient protection that’s superior to generic and standard packaging types.
In many cases, custom packaging undergoes a thorough process that involves designing, engineering, prototyping, and testing to help ensure the packaging functions the way it should. Because of this process, custom packaging requires a bigger investment of time, money, and energy to get the ideal results.
Both physical features and the design of the packaging need to be just right for the company using it. To perfectly customize packaging, companies can print custom logos, patterns, images, shapes, and other elements that are unique to the brand behind them.
Custom Packaging Benefits
When using custom packaging, companies experience a few key advantages, including:
- Increased Brand Awareness and Value. Custom packaging helps boost brand awareness and value to create a better customer experience than what’s achievable with basic packaging. If your packaging is unoriginal and doesn’t offer an experience that belongs specifically to your brand, people won’t recognize your brand or products as easily.
- Improved Customer Experience. High-quality packaging designs connect more effectively with customers. Meanwhile, generic and unappealing packaging designs will make products look like any others on the shelves.
- Increased Protection for Products. For fragile products that require shipping, custom packaging offers added protection to keep them intact.
Custom Packaging from Imperial Paper
As a leading custom packaging provider, Imperial Paper offers a wide selection of custom packaging options to meet our customers’ needs. Our line of packaging solutions includes:
These packaging designs use corrugated cardboard materials to provide more durability for heavy-duty packaging applications. Imperial Paper offers multiple types of corrugated cartons depending on the application. These include:
- Regular Slotted Container (RSC) boxes. Flaps all feature the same length, with two outer flaps that are half of the width of the container to form a more efficient design
- Full Overlap (FOL) boxes. This corrugated packaging has flaps that extend all the way across the box when folded for a complete overlap.
- One Piece Folder (OPF) boxes. A single piece of board is cut for a flat bottom, and flaps form the carton’s ends and sides.
- Roll End Tuck Top (RETT) boxes. These boxes open and close by tucking the top to the inside of the box, with a locking flap between two side panels.
- Half Slotted Cartons (HSC). These have a single set of flaps with the opposite side being completely open to enable sliding over items, such as pallets.
- Reverse Tuck End (RTE) boxes. Top and bottom flaps appear on opposite ends of the box for opening and closing.
- Tubes. Spiral wound paper tubes can be used for mailing items or as a point of sale package. They can be manufactured in any size and thickness and with or without print
- Custom Structures. We can create custom structures based on your requirements.
Imperial Paper designs several types of paperboard folding cartons, such as:
- Reverse Tuck End (RTE) boxes. These feature top and bottom closure panels on opposite sides. RTEs are the most economical option.
- Straight Tuck End (STE) boxes. Same as RTE except the closures are on the same side giving the STE a cleaner look.
- Tuck Top, Auto Bottom (TTAB) boxes. These offer a strong structure and quick assembly; however, they are slightly more costly to produce compared to the RTE or STE although if labor savings are considered this option may end up being more economical.
- Roll End Tuck Top (RETT) boxes. Similar to mailer boxes in their design, RETT cartons feature a tuck-in top or locking cover and can be assembled without tape or glue.
- Seal end boxes. Glue seals the box for increased firmness and additional protection against pilferage. Cereal boxes are made in this style.
- Other styles available based on customer requirements
Point of Purchase Displays
Many retail environments use point of purchase (POP) displays for advertising and marketing certain products. They often feature high-quality visual graphics and bright colors to catch customers’ attention and encourage them to buy the product. We offer a number of POP designs, including:
- Counter displays placed near cash registers or on shelves
- Floor displays placed in store aisles
- Pallet displays for advertising products in large volumes
- POP displays made with PVC materials
To separate individual products stored in the same packaging container, we offer corrugated and chipboard partitions and dividers. Custom sizes are available depending on the size of each product being packaged.
Imperial Paper provides a variety of insulation foam for additional support. Foam board materials include:
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam. A rigid and lightweight closed-cell foam insulation known by the brand name Styrofoam.
- Ether foam. An open-cell flexible foam that’s cost-effective and easily customizable with different colors, firmness levels, and densities.
- Polyethylene (PE) foam. Durable, resilient, and lightweight closed-cell material frequently used for agricultural and industrial goods packaging.
For retail stores, we design and produce custom handle shopping bags and high-density polyethylene bags.
Imperial Paper designs custom mailing bags for product mailing applications. These include both padded and non-padded options.
To further ensure our customers get what they require to support their products during shipping, we carry many types of shipping supplies. Our long list of shipping supply products includes:
- Mailing and shipping bags
- Polyethylene bags
- Cushioning products
- Retail packaging options
- Towels and tissue
- Shipping room supplies
- Tying and strapping materials
- Packing tape and related items
- Paper and plastic wrapping
Industries & Applications
Custom packaging comes with multiple advantages for businesses across many industries. You can use custom packaging for a variety of applications, such as:
- Using logos on packaging to increase brand awareness and recognition
- Defining a brand with unique packaging designs
- Supplementing products and aligning them with designs that encourage sales
- Promotion and advertising of a brand or a particular product
- Building stronger relationships with customers and clientele
- Connecting with prospective clients to bring them on board
Because of its importance and high demand, many industries utilize custom packaging, including:
- Household products
Get Reliable Custom Packaging Products at Imperial Paper
Imperial Paper Company has provided customers with some of the most durable, appealing, and cost-effective custom packaging products since 1963. As a family-owned enterprise, we emphasize teamwork in designing and manufacturing every product. All members of our staff are skilled experts and contribute to packaging designs based on our customers’ specifications. At Imperial Paper, we work to deliver unbeatable value through the combination of competitive pricing, superior service, and unbeatable quality.